Jumat, 20 Juli 2018

FREE APPLE LOGIC BOARD REPLACEMENT ENDING IN 2016 FEB.

FREE APPLE LOGIC BOARD REPLACEMENT ENDING IN FEB for MacBook Pro’s with the known graphics card issue. It covers MacBook Pro’s. This was submitted by our reader JohnT. Thanks John.


https://www.apple.com/support/macbookpro-videoissues/


Affected Models

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011)

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2011)

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2012)

MacBook Pro (17-inch Early 2011)

MacBook Pro (17-inch Late 2011)

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15 inch, Early 2013)


For those that continue to have issues after trying every solution offered her and/ or elsewhere it may be that the graphics chip is causing the fail. This was the case with mine. In the end I bit the bullet and took it to a certified Apple service centre who plugged it in ran some tests and told me what I already knew, that the problem was going to be expensive to fix as a new logic board was required. The next bit surprised me!


I was told that the repair would be for free!! I bought mine second hand, late 2011 15inch model and the warranty had long expired so I had to ask again. FREE? Apparently it wasn’t widely publicised at the time the recall was announced. I can’t say if it was or wasn’t, this is what I was told at the repair centre. The other thing I learned was that this offer from Apple ENDS IN FEB 2016.


If you even remotely think or suspect you might have a graphics card issue, assuming you’re able, get it to a certified service centre ASAP as there is a good chance the problem will rear its head again post any temporary fix, as was the case with mine.


Please see if you are affected and take advantage of this.