Kamis, 07 Juni 2018

The voice behind Turkish Siri: I am worried

iOS 8.3 adds several new languages for Siri: Russian, Danish, Dutch, Portuguese, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, and English for India. Today, Turkish press identified the Turkish voice behind Siri.


The voice belongs to Yelda Ugurlu, a radio programmer and voice-over actress from Turkey.


Ugurlu revealed that she worked in a recording studio for four weeks in  2012. She said she was told her voice would be used in airports and train stations. Ugurlu only became aware she was the voice of Siri when a friend called her. She stated that when she learned that she was the voice of Siri, she was very excited at first, however she continued:


“Then I started to worry when I realized that people were using Siri for Adult jokes, I did not want my identity revealed.”


Ugurlu also revealed that this job was the most boring job she had. “I was sleepy and tired” during this job, she added. During this job, she was told to read letters and sentences without emotions. She also revealed that her phone (iPhone 4) did not have Siri.


 Turkish press identified the Turkish voice behind Siri The voice behind Turkish Siri: I am worried
Yelda Ugurlu

Related: Siri will soon support Turkish